My favorite dish from Valencia, FIDEUA, a very popular noodle dish made in a Paella Pan, (Paellera).
It’s made with noodles instead of rice like Paella, and fish and seafood. All cooked in a very good fish stock. It is my absolute favorite and although it actually cooks quicker than Paella it takes a little prep time since you have to make the stock. The better the stock, the better the Fideuá.
⏰ Prep time 20 minutes
🍴 Cooking time 20 minutes
🍤 Serves 6
- 6 large Tomatoes, cut in half and grated until you reach the skin. Discard skin.
- 3 Garlic cloves, skins left on, crushed
- 2 Onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 dried ñora peppers (available online or Spanish supermarket) pronounced njora
- 1 Monkfish, head and bones (or other white fish bones)
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 – 8 C. water
- salt to taste
For the fideuà
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole Monkfish tail, cut into large chunks
- 12 king Prawns
- 1 lb. cleaned Mussels (Optional)
- 2 Onions , peeled and chopped fine
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 2 Squid. Cleaned, spines removed, flesh roughly chopped
- 2 dried ñora peppers, finely chopped
- 1 lb. noodles (called Fideos in Spain) Like a Vermicelli. In Spain we use about 1/2 C. per person.
- 2 tbsp. smoked Paprika
- a pinch of Saffron
- Salt and Pepper
- A few Lemon wedges and Allioli