- Serves 4
I have probably mentioned before that I love Hamburgers, all kinds. The thing that bothers me a little bit is that items on your burger tend to slide and move as you bite. Same goes for the Bacon, it’s always gone before the rest of the burger.
So, I came up with the idea of mixing the glazed onion and fried bacon into the burger, and it worked really well…Onion and Bacon with every single bite. Are you as thrilled as I am? It was just what I wanted.
Next time I may make a pocket in the middle of the burger for the cheese, let’s see where this goes…but for now, here’s this Deluxe Burger filled with Onion and Bacon, give it a go at your next Bbq. It’ll be a hit!
- 4 Buns, split and toasted. Store bought or home made. See Hamburger Buns
- 4 thick slices cured Gouda cheese
- 1 lb. Organic Ground Beef
- 3 oz. smoked Bacon in slices, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 2 Sage leafs, chopped very fine, or just a pinch dried Sage
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Prepared Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Egg yolks
- 4 tbsp. dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
Put a frying pan over medium heat and add the bacon bits. Fry until crisp and golden. Remove and place on a piece of kitchen paper to drain and cool.
In the bacon fat fry the onion until golden. Turn off the heat. Let the onions cool.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients including the bacon and onion. Form into 4 patties.
Grill over high heat Flip the Burgers after 3-4 minutes and cover with cheese. Continue to cook until desired doneness.
6-7 minutes medium/rare
8-9 minutes medium/done
9-10 minutes well done
Serve with lettuce, tomato, onion slices, sauces and condiments.
Served with quick pan roast potatoes.