Ok, let’s set the mood.
Imagine that eerie organ music you always hear in scary movies as background music while you read the recipe!
This is such a fun Halloween dinner, don’t you think? I know it’s a bit scary and creepy, but isn’t that the point. Kids love it. Especially the lucky one who get’s to stick the knife in the brain.
I can’t believe it’s one week ’till Halloween. I’m so ready. How about you?
If you still don’t know what to make, make this brain. It’s super easy and high on special effects.
😈 Prep time: 10 minutes, plus 5 minutes decorating
🎃 Cooking time: 1 hour and ten minutes
🐛 Serves 6 – 8
Rectangular Dish, 7 by 5-Inch,
Wilton 12-Inch Featherweight Decorating Bag
Wilton Tip No. 6
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 C. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tsp. prepared Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped very fine
- 1 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, Fine
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
INGREDIENTS BLOODY KETCHUP TOPPING:
- 2 tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Conimex Ketjap Manis, (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 C. Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175° C .
- Combine ground beef, and the remaining ingredients for the brain in a medium sized mixing bowl. Using your hand, incorporate everything into the meat. This only takes 30 seconds or so, you do not want to over mix.
- Transfer meat into a large baking tray lined with parchment paper, press it down and shape into a brain. With the handle of a spoon go alongside the entire brain to make a ridge in the middle, then make indentations with your fingers tips all over the brain to create an uneven surface.
- Mix ketjap manis with ketchup and baste brain with half the basting sauce. Baste again after an hour.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes, put 1/4 cup of Ketchup in a pastry bag fitted with the No. 6 tip, and pipe the motive (see picture) onto the brain.
- Let one of the kids stick a knife in the brain!
More Halloween dishes and delights? Check out All Hallow’s Eve Doughnuts