You know those days when you just can’t get warm?
Well the other day I had one of those days. I had been outside for a long hike and it was freezing, I mean literally plenty below zero. By the time I got home I couldn’t move my face it was completely numb, I couldn’t smile or talk, just grunt like hungry cave woman. That’s when I decided to make this soup. I figured it would be the only possible solution.
It’s the easiest and quickest soup ever because I needed it asap.
I loved the heartiness of this soup and how filling it is without being heavy and greasy.
It takes about 20 minutes from start to belly, so great for midweek when your in a hurry. Throw in a lovely crunchy baguette and you’ve got dinner on the table.
Dairy Free ✔
Gluten free ✔
Ref. sugar free ✔
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled or scraped clean and coarsly chopped
- 2 leeks, washed very well and sliced
- 1/4 cup Madras curry paste
- 1 tbsp. Tamarind Paste
- 2 cans (Organic) Coconut Milk, 13.66 oz. each
- 3 cups stock
- 2 15 oz. cans (organic) Lentils
- 2 cup kale, rinsed and thinly sliced
- salt to taste (you will need salt, I added about ½ teaspoon)
- ground black pepper to taste
- a large handful chopped coriander
In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, leeks and celery. Saute until onion is tender (about 3-4 minutes). Stir in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Add the curry paste a fry for a minute or two.
Add the coconut milk and stock.
Add the lentils.
Add the Kale.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
When ready to serve stir in the tamarind paste and coriander, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
NOTE: You can use a cup of dry lentils instead but then you will have to simmer the soup for about an hour. If you have the time, it is better.
Myra. XO 😊
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day. ♥
This post contains affiliate links