This is my “go to” recipe for when I need a quick cookie fix.
I can have a cookie in my mouth within 20 minutes. Ok, it will still be warm, but hey?
They take five minutes to stir together and ten to bake, another five to cool down. I recently discovered that they are fantastic with my TWO Ingredient Coconut Ice Cream , just crumbled on top.
These cookies aren’t beautifully shaped and that’s on purpose there quick and rustic. And that’s what I kind of love about them, I press them down with three fingers as you can see. It gives it the homey look.
Believe me, you should give them a try, they’re reasonably healthy to, without refined sugars or nasty fats, so…just “GO FOR IT!!!
The Beet root powder is available at most health food stores and is just added for visual fun. You can leave it out if you prefer.
Gluten free ✔
Dairy free ✔
Ref. sugar free ✔
Egg free ✔
Makes: 9 cookies
- 1 C. of Oat Flour
- 1/2 C. Almond Flour
- 1/4 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Agave Syrup or sugar of choice
- 1/3 cup of semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 C. White Chocolate Chips (the melting kind) for decorating
- 1 tbsp. Beet Root Powder
Pre heat oven to 180° C / 350° F
- Mix oat flour, ground almonds, baking powder and cocoa in a bowl until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl make sure the coconut oil is liquid but cooled and mix in the syrup and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and mix well together until you have a nice cookie dough consistency.
- Take a scoop of the mixture and make little balls with slightly wet hands and place on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment.
- Flatten slightly with your fingers and bake in the middle of the oven for about 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before decorating.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Add a little of the beet powder for a pink hue.
- With a spoon drizzle the white chocolate on to the cookies.
- Sprinkle over the beet powder.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day. ♥
Not quite what you’re looking for? How about Apples & Blackberries with an Almond Cookie dough Crumble or maybe a Brownie Cookie Squares with Chocolate Fudge Layer
This post contains affiliate links