All things Easter are on my mind, and I couldn’t wait any longer to start posting everything Easter. Don’t you just looooove Easter? A new beginning, Spring, flowers, Sunshine, baby lambs in the meadow…I associate Easter with Spring that’s why I love it so much. And pastels, yes pastels go with Easter, like these pretty pink deviled eggs.
They had a little beet bath, you could leave them in the bath as long as you like depending on how dark you want them to be, but I was going for pastel because I love light pink!
- 6 Eggs
- 2 large cooked beets pureed or 2 cups beet juice
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. Ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- Put the eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, let cool.
- Peel the eggs.
- Puree the beets with half a cup of water and place in a bowl, or place the juice in a bowl.
- Submerge the boiled eggs in the beet juice/puree and leave there for at least half an hour or until the desired color is achieved.
- Remove eggs from the bowl and rinse.
- Place on kitchen paper.
- Cut them in half and remove the yolks to an other bowl. Mash them very well with a fork.
- Add mayonaisse, mustard. hot sauce, ketchup and salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Use a piping bag to fill the eggs or just use a teaspoon.