With the weather we’re having now and Easter on it’s way, I thought we should get our Cocktail groove on. These beautiful cocktails are perfect for your Easter Brunch, or any celebration for that matter. With this pretty pink hue they’re irresistable and a breeze to make.
Every leisurely brunch deserves a delicious cocktail and whatever you’re serving these Raspberry Rose Mimosas will pair perfectly.
A brunch is a great time to break out the bubbly and since it’s for Easter make it extra festive with the addition of speckled eggs. They’re placed at the bottom of each glass as a little surprise. Beverages should be fun, refreshing and exciting. If you’re looking for a beverage to serve that guests will love, this is the recipe! And it can be made Virgen or alcoholic.
You can make the syrup the evening before or even two days in advance.
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 heaped tbsp. dried Rose buds for tea (for consumption)
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 bottle of champagne (with or without alcohol)
- 1 bag of speckled egg candies
- ice cubes frozen with Raspberries and/or rose buds in them
- Bring the water to a boil in a kettle, meanwhile put the sugar and the rose buds in a pot on the heat. Add the boiling water slowly and stir until sugar disolves.
- Turn on the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add the Raspberries and muddle to break them up and release the color. Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Strain and cool.
- Let cool completely and reserve until ready to use.
- To assemble the mimosas, place a speckled egg in the bottom of each glass. Top each glass with about 1 ounce of Raspberry Rose syrup. Fill the remaining portion of the glass with champagne and then carefully add a Raspberry ice cubes and some edible flowers.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day. ♥