I can’t believe it’s almost weekend again. Time really does fly and in our hectic life styles you don’t always feel like spending hours in the kitchen, certainly not now that the weather has drastically improved.
This dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes.
Over breakfast this morning as I was discussing this post, my daughter (the little genius) said, “you should make a category for meals under 30 minutes”, what a great idea right? And what a clever girl, and more importantly how nice of her to be interested in what I do, she’s a teen and most teens are preoccupied with boys, make up, clothes, friends you know that sort of thing. I guess I’m really lucky. I just really love it and appreciate that she shows an interest. She’s the BEST!
So, I am now adding a category in under 30 minutes.
This light fish dish is made in no time at all. Place fish and shrimp in a buttered casserole dish, add the sauce and bake for 20 minutes. TADAAA! I mean level 1 on the difficulty scale.
I have made the dish for two but you can simply multiply by two for four people etc…
Gluten free √
Sugar free √
Egg free √
- 2 Cod Loins each weighing about 4 oz. defrost if frozen
- 6 Jumbo shrimp, raw and peeled, defrost if frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter to grease the dish
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into tiny bits for over the breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cream
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (slurry)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 2 tablespoons (gluten free) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Pre heat the oven to 200º C / 400º F
- Grease a baking dish with the butter
- Season the fish liberally with salt and pepper
- Place the cod and shrimp in the baking dish.
- Scatter over the capers and half the parsley
- Put a pan on the heat and add the cream, the garlic and onion powder, the lemon juice and mustard. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the slurry and bring to a simmer, cook for a few minutes until thickened and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over each fish loin and place the tiny bits of butter over the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a rack in the middle of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked thru.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the remaining parsley.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day. ♥