Chicken Breast in a Creamy mustard Sauce with Bacon and Parmesan – an absolute comfort food! The Chicken breast is moist, tender, and flavorful because it’s smothered in the most delicious sauce ever!
And it takes only 30 minutes to make!
Perfect for dinner on a busy week night and it’s sure to impress everyone that tries it!
I served this chicken in creamy mustard Sauce with Bacon and Parmesan on either quinoa or pasta with some simple steamed broccoli for a super quick and easy dinner. so double the sauce and pour the extra over the broccoli!
Gluten free √
Serves : 4
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oz. smoked bacon cubed
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-hight heat, add the bacon and cook for a five minutes until some of the fat has released and it is golden brown. Pour of some of the fat from the pan and remove the bacon to a dish and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, add them to the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4-6 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes. Return the bacon to the pan.
- Add the garlic, oregano and the paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and cream, mix in the mustards and add the chicken, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked thru, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the parmesan and let it melt, remove from heat and enjoy!
- Grate over more Parmesan just before serving.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day. ♥