This is a super easy, no fail recipe. Put together in an instant, and you can pretty much forget about it until you’re ready to eat.
This is also great for crowds and parties since you can leave the finished pulled pork in the slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting for at least an other two hours without it drying out.
Alternatively, you can freeze half and eat it some other day. It will keep in the freezer for about two months.
⏰ Prep time : 15 minutes
🍴 Cooking time : 4 hours.
🍝 Serves : 6 – 8
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, thyme, garlic, salt, cayenne, ground pepper and olive oil to form a paste.
- Rub mixture all over pork.
- Marinate for a few hours if you have the time, but it will taste great either way.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Pour broth and 1/4 cup of the vinegar over pork. Cover and cook on High heat setting 3 hours.
- Add a little water if the liquid evaporates to quickly.
- Add the Bbq sauce and cook for about an other hour until completely tender. Check by pulling away some meat with a fork.
- Remove pork to cutting board, and shred using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for about 20 minutes or until warmed.
- To serve, split buns open, and scoop out s big ladle of pulled pork with sauce onto the bun, top with pickles and/or coleslaw and cover with top halves of buns, eat immediately.
- Have plenty of napkins ready!
…and remember, sharing is cool.