Look, let’s be real.
I know we’ve all made our resolutions to get healthier and fitter and eat better. Me too, for sure, but I am just not willing to give up certain things and I will go out of my way to keep them in my diet and tweak them again and again until I have made them acceptably “light”.
So I don’t need to tell you that I have tweaked my favourite dressing! I mean, I love salads and everything but if you have them for lunch every day (like I intend to do….just for a while), they better be good. And let’s face it, it’s all about the dressing.
So I proudly present my light Caesar dressing. Seriously, you could have it as a cocktail it’s that good!!!
Refined sugar free √
Gluten free √
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 to 2 anchovies from a jar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeld and grated
Blend all ingredients together , that’s it. It will keep for about three days in the fridge.
Approximately 25 calories per tablespoon.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day.