Say Hola to the new Mexican Corn Jalapeño Burger. Yes, we are very excited about our Mexican Corn Jalapeño Hamburguesa. Wowsa…..
I basically put all my favourite ingredients in one place. Organic good quality meat, a 50/50 mixture of pork and beef. Taco seasoning and ground tortilla chips instead of breadcrumbs, and then topped with the best corn salad of your life! It’s made in minutes and can be eaten anytime.
I could easily have a bowl of this corn salad for dinner on it’s own it’s that good (and a little addictive if you ask me). It also adds an amazing crunch.
Off course there’s Avocado and Bacon involved, and cheese obvi. Melted cheese…
So lite up your barbacoa and grill some Mexican Corn Jalapeño hamburguesas.
Prep Time :10 mins
Cook Time :10 mins
Total Time :20 mins
• 1 lb / 500 gr ground beef/pork mixture
• 2 tsp. taco seasoning
• A dash of liquid smoke if you have it (optional)
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 cup natural tortilla chips, ground fine
• 1 clove of garlic, grated
• 1 or 2 slices jalapeno from a jar, chopped (these babies are hot!)
• 2 ears of corn or one can, drained
• 2 tbsp chopped coriander
• 4 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp sour cream
• Salt and pepper
• 3 green onions finely sliced
• Squeeze of lime (just a little)
For the Burger:
• 2 Avocados, sliced
• 4 lettuce leafs
• Sliced tomatoes
• 8 slices grilled bacon
• Salsa for the buns
• 4 buns
• 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1. If you are grilling outside, place the corn in the husks on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a paring knife. Otherwise grill on a griddle pan indoors or use a can of corn, drained.
Remove the husks and let cool a little before removing the kernels with a sharp knife by putting the corn in an upright position and sliding your knife down the sides.
Place kernels in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients for the corn salad. Mix and set aside.
For the burgers, place the meat in a bowl and add the ground tortilla chips, seasonings and egg yolk. Mix with your hands and form 4 patties.
Grill on medium high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through (you are using pork which cannot be consumed rare). Place two slices of cheese on each burger after the first flip.
Split the hamburger buns in half and toast lightly.
Spread salsa on both sides of the bun, place lettuce leaf on top, tomato slices, avocado, the burger, bacon slices and top with as much corn salad as you can. Place the top of the bun on top and insert skewer to hold it together.
You’re going to love this Burger, I promise but….Warning! Do not serve on a first date ’cause in can get a little messy.