Mint Chimichurri. This is the best sauce to accompany any kind of meat, chicken or even fish. It’s light and fragrant and made in a jiffy.
Traditional Chimichurri sauce has parsley, cilantro, and oregano, I added the mint because I wanted extra freshness and it goes so perfect with Lamb.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves : 4 to 6
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley including trimmed stems
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste)
- a few drops of hot sauce like frank’s or tabasco
Chop the herbs and add to the oil in a bowl. Add the grated garlic clove, red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the hot sauce and more lemon juice if necessary. Serve with any kind of meat or fish.
You can also add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until chopped fine, but I prefer the chunky texture.