This no churn ice cream is a dream come true.
You forgot to buy ice cream? Not to worry, you can make your own without all the fancy equipment. And fairly simple too…
You just mix the basic ingredients in a bowl then place it in a plastic ziplock bag and put it in the freezer for about 4 hours, laying it out flat.
Once it’s frozen, you take it out and bang it on the kitchen counter a few times to break it up, place in a food processor fitted with blades and processed for a few minutes. You end up with the most incredible smooth ice cream, then add the blueberry swirl and the condensed milk, and voila…Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice cream.
Prep time : 15 minutes plus freezing
Serves : 6
• 2 C. Greek Yoghurt
• 1 C. Cream cheese
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1/2 C. sweetened (coconut) condensed cream, save some to drizzle on top
• 3/4 frozen blueberries, SEE TIP
• 3 tbsp. honey or agave syrup (for the berries)
1. Put the greek yoghurt, the cream cheese, vanilla and condensed cream in a bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Place in a large ziplock bag and put it flat in the freezer.
3. Freeze for at least four hours or overnight.
4. Take the bag out of the freezer and bang it on the counter so it breaks into pieces.
5. Place the frozen ingredients in to the food processor fitted with the knife blades.
6. Blend until smooth for about four minutes.
7. Add a tablespoon cream or milk if necessary to get it going.
8. Meanwhile blend the frozen blueberries with the agave syrup in a blender. Add a tablespoon of water if necessary to get it going.
9. Transfer the ice cream to a container with lid, alternating spoonfuls of ice cream with drizzles of blueberry puree. Drizzle some condensed milk on top.
10. Put it in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
11. As soon as it sets cover with cling film.
12. To serve, take it out of the freezer and let it sit for about 10 minutes before scooping it out into bowls or cones.
TIP: you can take a short cut, omit blueberries and agave syrup and sub for your favourite jam.