This is a super easy, no fail slow cooker recipe, put together in an instant.
Pulled Pork is one of my favourites to make and eat, since it’s packed with flavour and made with minimal effort. The Pork comes out very tender and juicy and stuffed into a sandwich, it’s scrumptious .
Once you’ve placed the ingredients in your slow cooker, you can pretty much forget about it until you’re ready to eat.
This is also great for crowds and parties since you can leave the finished pulled Pork in the slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting for at least an other two hours.
Alternatively, you can freeze half and eat the the remainder some other day. It will keep in the freezer for about two months.
⏰ Prep time : 15 minutes
🍴 Cooking time : 4 hours.
🍝 Serves : 6 – 8
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoons chili powder
3 tbsp smoked paprika
2 to 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
2 teaspoons salt
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
3 1/2 – 4 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
• In small bowl, mix brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, thyme, garlic, salt, cayenne, ground pepper and olive oil to form a paste.
Rub mixture all over pork.
• Marinate for a few hours if you have the time, it will taste great either way.
• Place in slow cooker.
• Pour broth and 1/4 cup of the vinegar over pork. Cover and cook on High heat setting 3 hours.
• Add a little water if the sauce evaporates to quickly.
• Add the Bbq sauce and cook for about an other hour until completely tender. Check by pulling away some meat with a fork.
• Remove pork to cutting board, and shred using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for about 20 minutes or until warmed.
• To serve, split buns open, and scoop out s big ladle of pulled pork with sauce onto the bun, top with pickles and/or coleslaw and cover with top halves of buns, eat immediately.
• Have plenty of napkins ready!