If you like Bounty Bars you really need to give these a try. They are actually good for you. Coconut fat and coconut meat have many health benefits. So if you want to indulge and actually feel better afterwards. Bounty bars are the answer.
- Coconut speeds up metabolism, providing an immediate source of energy with fewer calories than other fats. It kills hunger for several hours too.
- Improves Heart health by providing healthy short chain and medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) that are essential to good health. and help to lower the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against heart disease. Coconut fat also contains a large amount of Lauric acid
- Coconut supplies an impressive 61% dietary fiber! Foods contain two types of carbohydrates – digestible and non-digestible. Digestible carbohydrates (soluble fiber) consists of starch and sugar and promote calories. Non-digestible carbohydrates (insoluble fiber) contains NO calories. Since the body cannot digest the dietary fiber in coconut, no calories are derived from it and it has no effect on blood sugar.
- Low Glycemic Index (GI) Coconut fiber slows down the release of glucose. Coconut Nectar and Sugar have a very low GI of only 35 (compared to honey with a GI of 55-83, and sugar with a GI of 65-100.)
- Reduces Sweet Cravings and improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose. The healthy fat in coconut slows down any rise in blood sugar and helps to reduce hypoglycemic cravings.
- Improves Digestion
- Coconut is utilized by the body to actually produce energy, rather than to store it as body fat.
- In addition coconut has antibacterial, antiviral, anti fungal, and anti parasitic healing properties. Coconut helps to aid and support overall Immune System functions.
1/2 C. Coconut cream. The top layer of a can of full fat coconut milk. Use the water to cook rice or in a smoothie.
1 C. shredded dried coconut meat
1 tbsp. Light Agave syrup
1/4 tsp. vanilla
3 oz. 75% dark organic chocolate. I use Vivani which is sweetened with coconut blossom
Mix all the ingredient in a bowl, shape into little bars and put them on a tray covered with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer for about half an hour.
Meanwhile melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Leave to cool down. Take the bars out of the freezer and dip in the melted chocolate with the help of two forks, one in each hand. Put them back on the parchment paper to set. Keep in the fridge.