Forget florets, whole roast Cauliflower is what it’s all about now!
There is something so spectacular about serving a roast Cauliflower whole. It looks amazing, it has a beautiful golden crust that makes you hungry just by looking at it.
The Yoghurt sauce is full of spices and goes very well with any kind of meat or fish. I serve mine just with some rustic oven fries with the skin still on. Give it a go at you next dinner party, it will be a hit!
Vegan option ✔
Vegetarian option ✔
Gluten free ✔
Dairy free option ✔
Ref. sugar free ✔
Egg free ✔
Serves: 6 as a side or 4 as a main course
- 1 head of Cauliflower, washed and leafs removed
- 1 C. thick Yoghurt, regular or soy
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Preheat the oven to 200° C / 400° F.
- Bring a large pot with water and salt to a boil. Add the whole Cauliflower head and simmer for 15 – 20 min. You should be able insert a wooden skewer but still feel some firmness.
- While the Cauliflower is boiling combine the Yoghurt with the spices and seasoning, set aside.
- Using 2 slotted spoons, transfer cauliflower to a rack and let it steam off a bit.
- When it has cooled a little bit put the Cauliflower head on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and rub all the Yoghurt marinade evenly over its surface. If it is too hot you can use a spoon.
- Place into the hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes until a crust has formed.
- Pierce with a wooden skewer again to check for doneness. It should pierce thru easily.
- Serve straight away. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day, cold or warm.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thecookingspoonblog on instagram! You’ll make my day. ♥