Everywhere I look, it’s Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins… and I’m loving it.
I can’t get enough of Pumpkins, I eat them all year round (thanks you frozen pumpkin).
But since I’ve been thinking a lot about Pumpkins lately (no surprise there), I wanted to find more ways to use them. And today I am sharing with you my Pumpkin Beer Bread Loaf. Just like a normal whole grain loaf but with Pumpkin in it, and a little something extra… beer!
The result is a soft textured loaf, hearty with a hint of sweetness and a nice crispy crust.
I’ve kept it plain and simple so you can eat it with anything from cheese to Nutella. Don’t worry you can’t actually taste the beer.
The color of the bread needless to say, is beautiful.
So those of you who are still looking for a new Pumpkin adventure, make this Pumpkin Beer Bread, you’ll love it 🙂
⏰ Prep time: 15 minutes
🎃 Cooking time: ca 30 minutes
🍴 Makes: 2 Loafs
- 4 – 4 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup light beer,
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, freshly made or canned
- a small handful of Pumpkin seeds
- more flour for rolling out dough
1. In a bowl mix the two flours with the salt.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the beer, the sugar, oil and 3 cups flour. Add the pumpkin puree. Beat until smooth.
3. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough.
4. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
5. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two greased 9×5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes. Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with the Pumpkin seeds.
6. Bake at 375 F for 30 – 35 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
7. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool.