The best Home made Grab and Go Breakfast Muffins. With all natural ingredients.
Packed with apples, coconut, carrots, walnuts, spice, raisins, and sweetened with maple syrup, basically everything I love in one.
I have added some applesauce instead of oil, making these beauties not only addictively delicious but also healthy and fat free.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
• 1 cup all purpose (spelt) flour
• 1/4 cup corn starch
• 1 cup oat flour (ground oats)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp mixed spice (ginger bread spice)
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 3 large eggs, at room temperature
• 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cup grated carrot
• 2 small apples, grated coarsely
• 1/3 cup raisins
• 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Pre heat oven to 180 C / 350 F
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in an other bowl including carrot and apple.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir carefully until just combined. If you still see dry ingredients it’s ok. Don’t over mix.
- Now add the raisins, walnuts and coconut flakes, stir just once or twice.
- Pour into the muffin cases and place on a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for about 23 to 25 minutes.
- Test by inserting a dry skewer into the muffin center. If it comes out dry, they are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the tin and placing the muffins on a rack to cool completely.
- You can freeze them at this point in an airtight container or zip lock bag, they will keep in the freezer for up to three months.