A fluffy cloud like Strawberry mousse sits atop this luscious creamy Vanilla Cheesecake.
The BEST part is, it’s a 2 Ingredient Mousse. It also happens to be ridiculously easy. Normally I’m not someone to use an instant pack of anything but I happened to get a few packs of Jello thru a promotion, and I have to say the flavour was surprisingly delicious and my goodness, how easy. And sometimes it’s ok the take a shortcut…
The Cheesecake is a basic Vanilla Cheesecake to which I have added some Greek Yogurt, this adds a nice tanginess to balance out the sweetness.
So…back to the Strawberry Mousse, if you mix instant Jello with heavy cream, you won’t believe the awesomeness it creates! It’s like a fluffy cloud of soft mousse made in 1 minute!
I made this Cheesecake recipe with Valentine’s Day in mind, but you could make it anytime you’re in the mood for a decadent Strawberry dessert.
Prep time : 20 min.
Cooking time : 60 min.
Serves : 6
2 tbsp. Strawberry Jello
1 cup whipping cream
Ingredients vanilla cheesecake:
- 250 grs / 9 oz. cookies for crust
- 100 gr. / 1/2 cup melted butter
- 700 gr. / 3 cups+1 tbsp. cream cheese at room temperature
- 100 gr. / 3.5 oz. full fat Greek Yoghurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- Meringue kisses to decorate (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C/315F. Butter and line a 20cm/8″ loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment. Put the cookies in a plastic food bag. Flatten bag to remove excess air, then seal bag. Crush to crumbs using a rolling pin or alternatively blitz in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the freezer while you make the filling.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer beat cream cheese, yoghurt and sugar until combined and smooth, add the corn starch and vanilla and blend until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off the oven and open the door just a tiny bit (I put a large wooden spoon in the opening or a folded tea towel), leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30-60 minutes. This will prevent the cheesecake from cracking. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature until no longer warm to the touch. Then refrigerate for at least four hours but preferably overnight.
When you re ready to serve the Cheesecake make the Strawberry Cloud Topping by tipping one cup of whipping cream into a bowl. Start beating until it begins to thicken and add the two tablespoons of Strawberry Jello powder. Continue beating until cream is stiff and fluffy. Spread over the Vanilla Cheesecake and decorate if desired with meringue kisses.
More Strawberry related goodies…