Chocolate lovers unite!
These decadent Chocolate cupcakes will transport you to chocolate heaven in a flash, they’re moist and soft with a chocolate frosting that is creamy, silky smooth and decadent. Basically OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD!
They’re simple to make, and believe me, everyone is going to love you for them, even more!!!
I’m excited that fall and winter are on it’s way. I have a little more time at home now so I will be sharing lots of Fall recipes with you, I have a whole list of ideas that I want to share with you, so stay tuned.
But first these cup cakes.
The smell that fills your kitchen while you bake these is going to drive you nuts. And the frosting is like a delicious chocolate dessert in itself. I say, GO FOR IT!
⏰ Prep time : 30 minutes
🍰 Cooking time : 20 minutes
🍧 Makes : 12 cup cakes
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ Cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- A good pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 375° F / 175° C
- Line a muffin tin (12 hole ) with liners
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and sugar together until well mixed, add the melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix the yoghurt with the milk.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the flour mixture and some of the yoghurt mix, stir to combine. Repeat. Gently mix everything together without over beating.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, only halfway!
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- ½ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup powder sugar, sifted
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted, set aside so it can cool a bit.
Beat the cream cheese and butter together until completely smooth, add the cocoa and powdered sugar, whisk until fully incorporated.
Add the vanilla.
When the melted chocolate is no longer warm add to the butter mix. Beat until well mixed.
Using a piping bag and a star tip, frost the cupcakes. I keep mine in the fridge on warm days and also if you don’t eat them all at once, best to keep them refrigerated.
Let them sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before eating, to bring out the best chocolately flavor.
NOTE: they freeze really well too, with the frosting on top. Defrost at room temperature for about an hour.
….and remember, sharing is fun!