Ready to impress? This delicate dish is very suitable for a dinner party in fact is’s so elegant you’ll think you are dinning out in some fancy restaurant and it only takes about thirty minutes to make.
I have used Flounder but you can use any type of white fish fillet like Sole or Tilapia, just use what is available. For the filling I have used good quality canned crab meat because there is nothing else available here, but if you can use use fresh or frozen.
- 4 Flounder fillets, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 6 oz. can Crab meat drained, the best quality you can get or fresh or frozen (even better)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped very fine
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Cream Cheese plus 2 tbsp. extra for the sauce
- 1 tbsp each, chopped Parsley and Chives
- 1/2 glass of Dry White Wine or Vermouth for the dish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp. Breadcrumbs (use GF if necessary)
- oil Spray
In one tablespoon of butter, gently fry the onion and garlic until just turning soft and golden. Remove to a bowl and let cool.
Add the Crab meat, the 2 oz. of Parmesan cheese, the herbs and the cream cheese, ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix gently with a spoon.
Pre heat the oven to 400° F
Lay out the fillets with the tail end facing you on a chopping board and divide the filling over the fish fillets. Roll them up and secure with a tooth pick or some kitchen string. Butter a casserole dish with the remaining butter and place the fillet rolls in an upright position in the dish.
In a bowl mix the two ingredients for the topping and divided over the fish rolls, spray with some oil.
Place the dish in the oven, after ten minutes add the wine and continue to cook for another ten minutes. Check for doneness with the tip of a knife, insert by the seam and open a tiny bit to see if it cook through.
Remove from oven. Place the fish rolls on a plate and add 2 tbsp. cream cheese to the remaining sauce in the casserole dish to bind and make a creamy sauce. Add more wine if necessary. Serve straight away.