This recipe for Cod and Shrimp in a lemon cream sauce is probably the easiest recipe on the blog. The seafood is baked in a delicious cream sauce in the oven, so there’s barely any hands-on time involved, and the result is a melt in your mouth dinner, that even your most demanding guests will love.
You can serve it with anything you like, such as rice, pasta or French bread to mop up the amazing sauce and a nice salad on the side or your favorite veggies.
- 4 x medium white fish fillets (cod, tilapia , hake etc…)
- 1 cup clean peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chives or 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- butter for baking dish
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs or one to two tbsp. dried
- some olive oil or melted butter for drizzling over breadcrumbs
- Fresh parsley or chives and lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to 200C / 400F
Season fish and shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a butter baking dish, add the capers if using.
Place cream, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, wine, dill, chives, salt and pepper in a small pan and bring to a very low simmer, until smooth. Pour sauce over fish and shrimp. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and drizzle with a teaspoon or two of olive oil or butter.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. Remove from oven.
Scatter some Parsley or chives over the fish and serve straight away.
Serve with rice, pasta or bread and a vegetable of choice.