Healthy Blondies? I know, it’s hard to believe right? Although they do have a tiny little drizzle of white chocolate on top, a microscopic amount of sprinkles and a few choccy chips they are still super healthy. I swapped out butter for cashew nuts, the flour for white beans and the refined sugar for agave syrup and coconut sugar. It works perfectly, I always make healthy brownies and honestly I think they taste better than the regular sugar and fat laden brownies. Here are some of my favourites;
- Best-healthy-coffee-walnut-brownies (my personal favourite)
- Black bean brownies
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. I make these Healthy Chocolate Chip Blondies in a food processor, it works great and gets the smooth texture just right and more importantly… it saves cleaning up, so it could not be more simple. Just remember to soak your cashew nuts a few hours in advance for easy blending.
Makes 16 squares
Needed: 8 x 8 inch baking dish
• 1 1/2 C. cooked white beans from a can, drained
• 1/2 C. soaked Cashew nuts
• 2 large eggs
• 11/2 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• a pinch of salt
• 1/4 C. coconut sugar
• 1/2 C. agave syrup
• 1 C. flour (you can use spelt, oat or whole wheat)*
• 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 C. chocolate chips (vegan)
• 3/4 C. cooked white beans
• 1 C. soaked Cashew nuts
• 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
• 2 tsp. Agave syrup
• 1/4 C. white chocolate melts (or vegan white chocolate)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180° C / 350° F
2. Line a baking dish with baking parchment and oil lightly.
3. Soak the cashew nuts in advance for a about two hours. Drain before use.
4. Place white beans and cashew nuts in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. * Depending on the flour type you use you may need to add a splash of milk (of choice).
6. Add the chocolate chips and stir thru with a spatula.
7. Pour the Blondies batter into the prepared baking dish, level out with a spatula.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes
9. Remove from oven and let completely before frosting.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
1. Blend all the ingredients for the frosting in a blender until completely smooth.
2. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
1. Spread frosting over the bars. (I do this after cutting them in squares).
2. Then melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave at 30 second intervals and drizzle diagonally over the frosting.
3. Decorate with sprinkles straight away so they stick to the chocolate.