I’ve been testing some gluten free flour mixes and this is the best one so far, I can use it in any recipe requiring regular flour, in a one to one ratio, so no further calculating is necessary.
I have been using it for my quick gluten free bread loaf, pancakes and even pizza bases.
GLUTEN FREE ALL PURPOSE FLOUR MIX;
In a large bowl mix;
150 gr. potato starch (or corn starch)
150 gr. tapioca flour
200 gr. brown rice flour
200 gr. oat flour
300 gr. white rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
Stir until everything is mixed very well and store in an airtight container.
Prep time : 30 minutes (this includes making the flour mix)
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Makes : 1 loaf
• 3 1/2 – 3 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour mix
• 2 tsp. instant yeast
• 1 tsp himalayan salt
• 2 1/2 cups plus 1 or 2 tablespoon warm water
• 1 tbsp. honey or agave syrup
• 1 tsp. (apple cider) vinegar
• 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil or olive oil
1. Combine 3 1/2 cups of flour mix, the instant yeast and salt in mixer bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
2. In a jug measure out the warm water and add the agave or honey, the apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.
3. Add to flour mixture.
4. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. It should be the consistency of a thick batter which is too thick to pour but not thick enough to form a ball. Add additional water or flour 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to get this consistency.
5. Generously grease bottom and sides of 1 loaf pan. I find cooking spray works best, but you can use butter or oil.
6. Spread batter in loaf pan, slice down the middle with a very sharp knife. (see photo)
7. Let rise in warm place for about an hour. Covered loosely with cling film that has been sprayed with a little oil.
8. Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until bread looks firm and is fairly brown on top. Knock on it and if it sounds hollow it’s done.
10. Let cool for 20-30 minutes in pan before removing to wire rack.
11. Let cool completely before slicing.
12. I like to brush the loaf with a little olive oil for shine
13. It will keep for only three days tops, so I slice it and freeze it and take out as needed.
NOTE: You can add things like sesame seeds, or sunflower seeds to the dough if you like, not more than a 1/4 cup. Sprinkle some on the top too!