Ripe Sweet summer Peaches and crispy Halloumi, a salty, sweet and tangy element in every single bite. The sweet lemon Basil Vinaigrette just brings the whole salad to WOW level. Make this at your next Barbeque, so you can grill the Halloumi on there too or make it in a griddle pan in the convenience of your kitchen.
Either way this salad is always good, as a side, lunch or as a dinner on it’s own. And make double the dressing, because it’s delicious on everything, grilled chicken, fish, sandwiches…..
As always, the salad ingredients are all optional and inter-changeable. Use what you have on hand, and leave out what you don’t like
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 2 minutes
Serves : 4 as a side, 2 as a light meal
- 2 large bags of prepared salad mix, about 10-14 oz. / 300-400 gr.
- 1 block Halloumi, drained and patted dry
- 1 or two ripe peaches, pealed and cut into wedges
- 1 or two Avocados
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 Spring onions
- 1/4 cup whole Basil leafs
- micro greens
SWEET LEMON BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- a handful Basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Get out a large serving platter, plate or salad dish and place all the lettuce leaves in the bowl.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in blender and blend for a minute to combine everything well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a small frying pan and toast the pine nuts, keep an eye on them since they burn quickly.
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise and again each half in half. Then cut into thick slices, so you end up with thick quarters. Arrange on top of the lettuce leafs.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out pieces using a small spoon and place on the salad.
- Arrange the red cabbage over the greens.
- Arrange the peaches over the greens.
- Slice the spring onions and sprinkle over the salad.
- Arrange micro greens on top of salad, if using.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Slice the Halloumi into 1/4″ slices (1/2 cm) and place on the dry griddle pan and grill each side for one minute. Alternatively, grill on the barbeque.
- Place on top of the salad as soon as them come out of the pan.
- Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the salad and serve straight away with plenty of the sweet lemon basil vinaigrette.