Let’s celebrate Spring in full glory with this amazing refreshing salad. It’s super easy to make and you can easily substitute the chicken with some succulent Shrimp or any other protein you like.
INGREDIENTS COBB SALAD:
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil for frying
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 20 cherry tomatoes (more or less)
- 2 -4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 small can of corn, drained
- 1 – 2 avocados, peeled and stone removed
- 1/3 cup olives
- handful baby carrots
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING:
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- ½ cup natural yoghurt of choice
- ½ cup natural sugar free milk of choice
- Small handful of fresh Basil* see note
- Small handful of fresh Dill* see note
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- A dash of tabasco
- Juice of half a lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of water or more for the right consistency
- First we’ll marinate the chicken, place the chicken tenders in a bowl and season them with the Cajun seasoning , then add the bbq sauce. Mix to combine and cover. Place in the fridge to marinate, overnight if possible but any amount of time is good.
- Take out a large plate or platter and arrange a layer of lettuce on it.
- Meanwhile wash the peppers and pinch them with a fork all over, put them on a plate and microwave for 6 minutes, remove and cover with foil straight away. This is so the skin will loosen from the peppers. When cool enough to handle pull away all the skin and tear the peppers into strips, place them on the lettuce in a single diagonal row.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and arrange in a row on the lettuce
- Cut the eggs in quarters and arrange on platter.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a blender, and run until all is smooth. Add the water until you have the desired consistency.
- Now heat a non stick frying pan large enough to hold the chicken tenders in one layer and set to high heat.
- Add the olive oil and place the tenders in the pan, cook on one side for two minutes and turn. Cook for another two minutes and lower the heat to low.
- Cook for another two minutes or until cooked thru, check by pulling a piece open.
- Add the tablespoon of honey and stir around so it starts to caramelize. Turn off the heat and place the chicken tenders on the salad right before serving.